Teachers from the current CS Principles pilot have provided exemplar lesson plans that highlight key parts of the Big Ideas and Learning Objectives.
- Cryptography: Students understand both simple and complex encryption algorithms using online simulators
- Big Ideas: Algorithms, Internet
- Learning Objectives: 14, 27
- Data as Art, as Science, as a Reason for Being: Can Visual representations of data be considered a form of art? If your school were to display data in a public place, what would you present?
- Big Ideas: Creativity, Abstraction, Data, Impact
- Learning Objectives: 2, 9, 14, 28
- YouSort: An introduction to Sorting Algorithms. Before learning standard sorting algorithms, students create their own.
- Big Ideas: Algorithms, Creativity
- Learning Objectives: 4, 15, 16, 18
- Test Case Template: This activity is done after the students have designed a large project using Scratch, facilitating the design of a test plan for the project.
- Big Ideas: Data
- Learning Objectives: 12,18,19
- Impact of Computing: Group research project investigate the impact of computers in society
- Big Ideas: Impact
- Learning Objectives: 28
- Rainbow Logic: Group project to develop an algorithm on paper. (worksheet)
- Big Ideas: Algorithms
- Learning Objectives: 15, 17